Are you a frequent traveler? If so, you must constantly be worried about foreign exchange rates. However, getting a multi-currency foreign travel card can help you get rid of your worries. It is a prepaid travel card that offers an easy, safe, and cashless way to carry foreign currency abroad. You can load a foreign travel card with the foreign currencies of your choice and travel the world without worrying about cross-currency charges.
The best part about a foreign travel card is that it is safer than carrying liquid cash and easier to use than travelers’ cheques. It is accepted worldwide and provides immunity from fluctuating foreign exchange rates. It enables you to make all kinds of bookings and payments without incurring currency conversion charges.
Why should you buy a foreign travel card for your travels abroad?
A multi-currency foreign travel card comes with a host of features and benefits you can avail yourself of abroad, such as:
- Depending on your forex card issuer, you can load it with up to 10 to 20 foreign currencies at once and visit any country without worrying about cross-currency charges.
- The foreign exchange rates are fixed at the time of loading it. It means that you are protected against fluctuating foreign exchange rates.
- You can make international bookings and payments at stores, airlines, hotels, restaurants, clubs, cinemas, and petrol stations at zero or minimal extra charges.
- It eliminates the hassle of standing in long queues to buy or exchange currency.
- You can load or reload your foreign travel card from the comfort of your home.
- You can withdraw cash from any pre-approved ATMs abroad at a nominal withdrawal fee.
- It enables you to keep track of your expenses and check your balance through instant SMS & email alerts.
- If you happen to lose or misplace your travel card, you can immediately inform your bank to freeze your balance until a new forex card is issued. However, it is worth noting that forex card replacement comes with a nominal fee that you will have to incur.
- It comes with a chip and PIN technology that ensure the safety of your transactions abroad.
- After returning to India, you can easily encash the remaining balance on your forex card.