You can see the QuickBooks error code1304, which reads “Error writing to file [THBImg45.dll],” on your screen while installing QuickBooks software from a CD. Make sure you can access that directory. Depending on which file is causing the problem, there may be another file name in the bracket. Error: 1304 is primarily caused by problems with the installation CD. However, there are some other reasons to be aware of that could result in QuickBooks writing to file error 1304.
How Do I Fix Error 1304 With QuickBooks Update?
Solution: Transfer Installation Files, Folders, and Setup to Local Storage on Your Computer
- To finish the installation process and prevent any data disruption, you must copy the entire installation software, including all files and directories, to your computer’s local storage.
- Place the CD in the CD ROM of your computer. (Click Quit if the installation has started right away.)
- Next, right-click any place on your desktop that is empty.
- Place your cursor over New, then choose Folder from the list.
- Put “QBInstall” in the folder’s name.
- Double-click CD Drive in Windows File Explorer to open it.
- By hitting your keyboard’s CTRL+A and CTRL+C keys at the same time, you can select all files.
- Open the newly created folder QBInstall once more, then use CTRL+V to paste the copied files there.
- Once all files have been transferred, locate the setup.exe file and double-click it to begin the installation.
In case, you couldn’t fix it. We are happy to fix it. Contact us at Intuit QuickBooks Error Support Team
Fix QuickBooks License Error After the Cloning Problem (settled)