Regular updates of the QuickBooks Desktop ensure that the latest features are available to the user and any bugs or problems from previous updates are removed at the earliest. Unfortunately, QuickBooks Update Error prevents the user from easily downloading the required QB Desktop updates and some common error codes are error 12157, error 15271, etc.
Extensive solutions for this update problem are available in this blog along with relevant reasons.
If you need immediate guidance from a competent and skilled professional for rectifying QuickBooks Update Error, just dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QB Experts Team.
What Factors Provoke the QB Desktop Update Error?
The QB Desktop Update Error gets triggered due to these fundamental reasons:
- If the computer’s date and time settings are invalid or if the Windows firewall is obstructing the necessary QB Desktop updates, then this update issue can easily appear on the screen.
- Having several installations of QB Desktop belonging to a single version on a system and improper internet settings cause problems at the time of updating the QB Desktop.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 6144 82
How Can a User Resolve the Update Error in QuickBooks Completely?
The Update Error in QuickBooks can be fully eliminated if you utilize these methods:
Method 1: Rapidly remove multiple installations of the QuickBooks Desktop on your computer to exterminate this issue
- If you notice that there are several installations of the QB Desktop belonging to the same version on your computer, you must strike the ‘Uninstall a Program’ tab in the ‘Control Panel’ and then you have to choose that QB Desktop release which you want to uninstall from your system.
- Once you have chosen the QB Desktop installation, you may hit the ‘Uninstall/Change’ button, and thereafter, you can tap the ‘Remove’ button to ensure that the selected QB Desktop release is uninstalled.
Read more :- QuickBooks company file won’t open
Method 2: Easily make sure that the computer’s date and time settings are valid to extirpate this issue
- Just after you have right-clicked on the clock shown on the Windows Desktop, you must tap the ‘Adjust Date/Time’ option, and then you should strike the ‘Change date and time’ tab located in the newly-opened ‘Adjust Date/Time’ window.
- Now, you should correctly enter the valid date as well as time in the specified places on the window, and finally, you can hit the ‘OK’ button to save the new date and time configuration.
- Go out of the ‘Adjust Date/Time’ window to launch the QB Desktop and then you can proceed to update it successfully.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 1722
Method 3: Ensure valid internet connection settings inside your QB Desktop to resolve this issue
- Jump to the ‘Help’ menu soon after opening up the QuickBooks Desktop and then you must choose the ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet’ option provided under the ‘Internet Connection Setup’ tab.
- When you strike the ‘Next’ button, you will reach the ‘Advanced Connection Settings’ tab, and once you click on it, you should move toward the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Just tap the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ button on your screen and finally strike the ‘OK’ and ‘Done’ buttons to ensure that the internet connection settings are correctly configured. Thereafter, you can log into the QB Desktop to ensure that it is updated to the newest release as available on the Intuit website.
Every QB user who implements the above-mentioned methods correctly will easily eliminate the QuickBooks Update Error. For more support and guidance, just dial +1 800-579-9430 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Related article :-