“Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully.” As the error message conveys, the QuickBooks update error 15240 is a payroll error and an update error that prohibits users from updating the payroll or its components. If the users are disabled not to update the tax tables, bonuses, or other such details, then major financial glitches can be seen in the future. Hence, the termination of this error is essential, and the troubleshooting must be secure as the payroll comprises highly crucial data bound to a company. In this article below, we have listed some reasons behind this error along with some additional tips accompanied by the troubleshooting for the same.
Apart from this article, if you wish to eliminate this error instantly and effortlessly by not risking any data, immediately get in touch with the QuickBooks professionals at 1.855.738.2784 and terminate all your issues directly from the experts.
Causes for the QuickBooks update error 15240
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting, it is always recommended to glance through the reasons causing this error. Sometimes, users can automatically fix this error by performing fundamental fixations necessary, which they learn from the causes. We have listed down some natural reasons triggering this error.
- The QuickBooks desktop application installed in the system has not been updated, and the user has not even updated the QuickBooks components.
- Windows user account has not been provided with the appropriate admin rights to perform the particular actions affiliated with the QuickBooks desktop.
- If you are functioning the QuickBooks desktop while the multi-user mode is activated, this error can be triggered.
- Incorrect configuration of the windows registry keys.
- Corrupted installation of the QuickBooks or partial installation.
- Inappropriate Internet Explorer security settings.
- Any other 3rd party application or antivirus is interfering in the functioning of QuickBooks.
If the date and time in your system are incorrect, this error can also be seen. Perform all the fundamental fixations before proceeding with the technical troubleshooting solutions.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 15271
Prerequisites before the troubleshooting solutions
“Internet connection error: unknown error / File Exists: The specified file cannot be opened. Make sure that another program is not using it.” If either of the notifications I received from you, then can be significant symptoms for this error. Listed down below are a few points that you need to take care of before starting with the troubleshooting process.
- Make sure the date and time inserted in your system, which you can see in the bottom right corner correct or accurate.
- Verify that you have installed the latest released updates of the QuickBooks software and that the windows that you are employing have also been updated.
- Log in with a user account that already has the administrative rights for installing and using the applications.
- Switch off the firewall or disable the antivirus application installed in your system.
Solutions for the QuickBooks update error 15240.
Cling to the below given instructions precisely and ensure to restart your system after the application of the steps given below.
- You need to change the Internet explorers security settings for which you need to launch the Internet Explorer and click on the tools icon which is at the top right corner.
- Locate the advanced tab, and under the security section, you need to checkmark Use SSL 3.0 and Use SSL 2.0.
- Click on ok to save the changes.
If these three simple steps were not enough to solve the QuickBooks update error 15240, then you can call the QuickBooks consultants at 1.855.738.2784.
You read also: QuickBooks Error 6147