Be it the inclusion of a new feature or a simple bug; there are regular things that you get on Quickbooks. And you should always Update Quickbooks Desktop for better usability. The updates that you usually get are nothing else but patches that improve and optimize the performance and visibility of Quickbooks. And at times, you also get updates and other products.
But generally, whenever there is an update in Quickbooks, you are going to enhance the productivity of your company. So, let’s have a quick look at the multiple aspects of this phenomenon and understand different related things.
How to Update Quickbooks Desktop after checking if there are any available?
The first thing that you will have to do is to look for an how to update in your Quickbooks Desktop. After that, you can either set “updating Quickbooks Desktop” automatically or do it manually.
How to check for any updates in Quickbooks Desktop?
It is quick and easy to do the checking and updating part. So let’s get started with the checking part first. This is how you should do it.
- Launch the Quickbooks Desktop and click the F2 button on your keyboard.
- You can also press Ctrl+1. Both of these will open the Quickbooks product information window in front of you.
- There you will be able to check whether there are any updates for your current version or not.
Updating Quickbooks Desktop automatically
If you do not want to keep checking for updates, then it is better to keep the process on automatic mode. So, follow the steps to keep your “Quickbooks Desktop updates” on automatic.
- Navigate to the help menu in Quickbooks and then click on “Update Quickbooks Desktop.”
- Then you have to navigate to the “Update Now” tab that would be visible on the screen and then click on the “Reset Update” checkbox.
- Now, you will have to click on “Get Updates” and then start the downloading part.
- Once this is done, simply restart the Quickbooks and when prompted, install all the new releases.
Updating Quickbooks Desktop manually
Now, the manual part is also easy and you will be able to complete it in no time. Here is what you will have to do.
- Shut down your Quickbooks and then go to the “Start” menu after opening the Windows.
- Look for Quickbooks Desktop there and then right-click on the icon. From the options, you will have to click “Run as administrator.”
- Now open the “No Company Open Screen” and head to the “Help” menu. From there you will have to select “Update Quickbooks Desktop.”
- Simply head to the “Options Tab” and click “Mark All” and then “Save.”
- Head to “Update Now” and then click on the “Reset Update” checkbox.
- Once you are ready, click on “Get updates.”
- As soon as the updates are finished, you will have to reboot Quickbooks and then install all the updates.
- It will take time and once done, just click “Yes.”
- Once all of this is done, you will have to simply restart your Computer.
These quick and easy steps can help you in updating Quickbooks Desktop in no time. And if you face any problems in following these steps, you can take the help of a technical expert. You can reach out to me by visiting our website or by calling our toll-free