If everything was perfect up until yesterday, but today you have trouble printing from QuickBooks, a screen will display the QuickBooks Error Code 20. QuickBooks does not print anything because the “Printer is not active.” Inactive QuickBooks Printer Error Code 20 results from an Upgrade to Windows 10, Or you are trying to print from QuickBooks 2009 installed on a Windows 10 Computer. QB 2009 is an obsolete version that encounters compatibility issues when printing from Windows 10. As of May 2012, automatic upgrades for QuickBooks 2009 were no longer available. The most recent of those times, Windows 7, was designed to run QuickBooks 2009, so technically, your data is 10 years behind the most recent QB Desktop version.
What Leads to Error Code 20 in QuickBooks?
- Windows 10 and QuickBooks 2009 compatibility issue.
- 2009 QuickBooks is not current.
- The application key is not updated.
- Regardless, unsupported printer drivers.
- Windows Registry Issues with QuickBooks.
How can I fix the QuickBooks Printer Error Code 20?
- Back up the Windows registry and create a restore point.
- Open the registry editor to add manual changes to it.
- Export the registry from the file menu and save it.
- If necessary, create a restore point to undo the Registry modifications.
In case, you can’t fix the problem, you may contact our intuit QuickBooks error support team to fix this issue.
Fix QuickBooks License Error After the Cloning Problem (settled)