When users try to update QuickBooks or install any products, QuickBooks Error code 1304 appears. When an error occurs, you should see messages such as “Error 1304 error writing to file QuickBooks” or “QuickBooks error 1304 composing to file “intuit.SPC.map.cre.dl” on your computer screen. Make sure you are authorized to access the company’s directory. This error is a specific category of Windows error. Additionally, it occurs when there are problems or difficulties with a CD installation.
In this article, we’ll explain the reasons behind this problem as well as the symptoms you could experience while updating QuickBooks. We will also refer to some of the most recent troubleshooting techniques to identify the cause of QuickBooks Error 1304. However, one error that appears when you try to install or update the QuickBooks application is error code 1304. It normally occurs as a damaged Microsoft.NET Framework or CD drive. There are numerous other factors that could activate this error number. In this blog, we have mentioned all of these causes along with the solutions.
Some Symptoms and Signs that Windows Alerts for
- When this happens, an error message appears on your screen and closes the current window.
- In addition, the system becomes slothful, and no information is input at the interface point.
- As a result of the problem, QuickBooks stops functioning accurately, and you might not be able to utilize the software to finish your accounting tasks.
- The error code 1304 with QuickBooks installation interruption is the cause.
What Causes Error 1304 After QuickBooks Installation?
The causes listed below can prevent you from introducing QB software or updating it to the most latest versions:
- The QB installer is unable to access the installation files from the CD that was provided during installation.
- Installation CD issues could also result in QB error 1304.
- Another factor that may contribute to the issue when updating QuickBooks is a damaged Microsoft.NET Framework.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 1304
Step : Share CD-ROM from a different computer in the network
- Put the QuickBooks installation CD into an additional network PC.
- Click Quit on the installation window if it starts automatically.
- Right-click the CD-ROM in Windows File Manager, then choose Sharing and Security.
- The Share this Folder checkbox should be selected.
- After pressing Apply, click OK.
- Select with a right-click on the My Computer icon.
- Click Full Computer Name then Computer Name.
- On the computer where you wish to install QuickBooks, press Windows + R.
- Type \\ (name of the computer having the QuickBooks CD).
- After pressing Enter, double-click the drive’s letter that contains the CD.
- To begin the installation, double-click the setup file.