You can not give 100% during your workout session each day, as you might feel lethargic, tired or unmotivated. If all these sound familiar, you must start searching for the pre-workout supplements that might help alleviate your training session regime. There are many options available for pre-workout to help an athlete during the workout session, but Stimuliv is arguably and understandably one of the most popular supplements on the market.
There are numerous reasons to consume the pre-workout drink. It boosts your energy and burns a fire in your body for your training session. It also provides additional benefits, such as faster weight loss, improved metabolism, and muscle endurance. Combining pre-workout with HIIT workouts increases training volume and lean body mass. It also increases the rate of losing body fat.
But still, people are not fully confident about using a pre-workout supplement because of the lack of knowledge about the product. But it is also not a good idea to grab and purchase the first product on the shelf of a supplement store. You must deal with this situation smartly and safely, as this decision will affect your life and body.
We have created the best guide you can follow while using a supplement to boost your training regime. Read carefully and then decide the most suitable pre-workout for yourself.
Read the Ingredient List:
A pre-workout supplement is a combination of different beneficial components, and it is beneficial to know about these components before using any product. Below is the list of the most effective ingredients in your pre-workout drink.
- Branch Chain Amino Acids (or BCAAs): It is essential amino acids that increase endurance. It also supports muscle protein synthesis and prevents muscle breakdown.
- Creatine Monohydrate: It is a compound that occurs naturally. It is popular among athletes for its endurance-boosting and strength-inducing properties.
- Taurine: It is a sulfonic acid. It minimises oxidative stress during exercise and helps in fat breakdown.
- B Vitamins: It is no secret that B vitamins are one of the most crucial vitamins for the human body to survive. There are numerous types of B vitamins present in the world, and all have different functions; to produce energy in the body, we need the support of Vitamins B1, B2, B5, and B6. B3 helps in DNA reconstruction, while B12 is crucial for healthy metabolism and blood regeneration.
- Nitric Oxide Boosters: Our body needs amino acids such as Arginine and L-Citrulline to enhance nitric oxide levels. Nitric oxide is necessary for better blood circulation to get more nutrients and efficient oxygen. It also provides much-needed pumps.
Know the pros and cons of pre-workout supplements:
Every pre-workout supplement comes with various benefits and drawbacks. You must be aware of these positive and negative effects to set realistic expectations. The wrong selection of supplements can jeopardize your workout performance or results.
The pros and cons of pre-workout:
- Enhanced Workout Performance: The primary reason to consume a supplement is to enhance gym performance to reach the maximum training capacity of an athlete.
- Increased Muscle Endurance: It increases the energy levels in the human body, which helps an athlete increase the reps of an exercise that leads to increased muscle endurance.
- Improved Focus and Concentration: Pre-workout with ingredients like caffeine increase concentration and focus by improving body energy levels.
- Potential Side Effects: Overdosing pre-workout can have adverse effects on the human body that might cause insomnia and anxiety.
- Possible Tolerance Build-Up: An overdose creates tolerance for the stimulants that might reduce pre-workout effects.
- Possible Digestive Issues: Some supplements can cause digestive problems for some people. The large amounts of Ingredients like sodium bicarbonate and caffeine might cause these problems.
Complement Your pre-workout with the Right Foods:
There is no gain in sweating in the gym if you are not combining your gym regime with a proper healthy diet and balanced supplement drink. All these are necessary to enhance your performance, energy and stamina. Here are some valuable food items that might complement your pre-workout supplement.
- Bananas: Bananas are an excellent source of carbohydrates that provides additional energy. Bananas also contain magnesium, potassium, and other electrolytes to combat muscle fatigue and cramps.
- Oatmeal: It is another good source of healthy carbohydrates to fuel your body during workouts. You can add banana slices, berries and honey for extra nutrients. The best thing about oatmeal is that it does not feel heavy in your stomach.
- Coconut water: Electrolytes are the best to combat headaches, fatigue, nausea, muscle cramps, and stiffness. Opt for a natural source like coconut to get the required electrolytes, as it does not contain harmful sugar.
Check the Caffeine Content:
Caffeine is one of the most common yet beneficial ingredients in pre-workout supplements. Stimulants like caffeine are good for boosting your energy during a workout session. But a high dose containing caffeine might cause insomnia and anxiety. So it is recommended to use the best caffeine-free pre-workout for maximum results.